- cash, check, money order, Master Card or VISA
- Checks must be made payable to Julie Gansle, Colonie Town Clerk
- By Mail: check or money order
The Town Clerk is one of the centers of information for the Town of Colonie. We are responsible for accepting, filing, recording and maintaining all municipal records. In addition, we issue various licenses, permits and certificates to the public. Realizing that local government is the branch most directly affecting people's lives, we are here to serve and assist you.
Although the doors of Town Hall have been closed, the Office of the Town Clerk will continue working hard to provide services.
Many of our services can be, and are encouraged to be, done by mail or email and forms are available here. Please contact us at (518) 783-2734 or you may email forms and applications to email@example.com. or fax to (518) 783-3409. Kindly provide a contact phone number in the event our office requires additional information.
- We continue to schedule appointments for Town residents and essential business only.
- For those most vulnerable we will also continue to offer curbside service for handicapped hangers, if requested and will make arrangement upon contact.
- Certificates of residency can be obtained online through the Albany County Division of Finance. Please visit our webpage here or the link at https://www.colonie.org/departments/clerk/clerk-assets/certificate-residency - be sure to read through the required documentation on our step by step process before clicking the link within the red box to enter the required information.
- The issuance of Marriage licenses will continue by appointment only.* To obtain an appointment the marriage worksheet must be completed (Do NOT include the parties social security number) then submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , faxed to (518) 783-3409, or mailed to 534 New Loudon Road, Latham, New York 12110. Upon receipt, the couple will be contacted for an appointment and document verification.
WE HAVE INFORMATION ON:
The Town Clerk is responsible for publishing the agenda and minutes for the Town Board meetings. Our office is frequently considered the center of town government and serves residents directly through the issuance of licenses, permits and records management.
534 New Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12110