Our mailing address is the same as our physical address.
This court has jurisdiction over a broad range of matters, including vehicle and traffic matters, small claims, evictions, civil matters and criminal offenses. The Colonie Court is one of the busiest justice courts in the State processing nearly 28,000 cases annually.
Notice (UPDATED 12/07/2020)
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, the Justice Department’s public access window is closed for in person transactions.
Alternative payment and submittal options and answers to frequently asked questions are listed on our website, www.Colonie.org/departments/Justice. You may also call (518) 783-2714 from 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
The Town of Colonie Court is continuing to hold special sessions. If you received a notice with a specific court date and time, you are required to appear.
When reporting to the Courthouse, the following protocols are in place:
- Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 202.17, you must wear a mask or face covering while inside. Persons without such mask or face covering will not be permitted to enter.
- Social distancing will apply. Seating and courtroom capacity have been reduced to provide for required physical separation.
- If you have been diagnosed or have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, directed to quarantine/isolate at home, have traveled out of the state/country in the last 14 days without subsequent applicable testing or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER THE COURTHOUSE. Instead, contact your attorney immediately. If you do not have an attorney, please call the Court at 518-783-2714.
- If you have received a traffic summons or criminal appearance ticket and wish to retain private counsel, your attorney may contact the Court or submit a letter of representation.
- If you have public defense or seek public defense, you may contact the Albany County Public Defender’s Office at 518-447-7150.
WE HAVE INFORMATION ON:
The Court has three Town Justices presiding over all Court proceedings, the Honorable Peter G. Crummey, the Honorable Andrew C. Sommers and the Honorable Norman C. Massry.
312 Wolf Road
Latham, NY 12110