Town of Colonie website visitors shall not collect files, in part or in full in order to replicate the Colonie.org website and the services provided on authorized Internet Content Hosting provider.
The Town of Colonie Internet Content Hosting provider's servers collects data each time a visitor enters the Colonie.org website or moves from one page to the next page within our domain. This information is used to gather statistics about visitors as a whole and in no way points to individuals. We do not gather personal information on Colonie.org website log files. Generally, the information gathered falls into these categories:
- Time of day
- Operating System type used, i.e Windows Linux, Unix, Mobile OS
- Which URL (uniform resource locator) was visited
- Day of the week
- What browser and version of browser you use
- Which file you are viewing on Colonie.org website
The above information is processed and analyzed in aggregate to determine site performance issues, such as popular pages, most frequently downloaded forms, or to keep our website up to date with the industry standards. The Town of Colonie does not lease or sell any information that is gathered on our website server logs.
Use of Information Disclaimer
While we make every effort to keep information provided over our website up to date, the Town of Colonie does not guarantee the authenticity or accuracy of such information. No warranties, express or implied are provided for the content, records and/or GIS mapping data or for their use or interpretation by the visitor.
The Town of Colonie, its elected officials, officers, and employees assume no legal responsibilities for the information or accuracy contained in this data, including any action taken from reliance on any information contained on Colonie.org and shall have no liability for any damages, losses, costs, or expenses including but not limited to attorney fees, arising from the use or misuse of the information provided. Therefore, the visitor's use shall constitute an agreement by the visitor to release the Town of Colonie, its elected officials, officers, and employees from such liability.
By using this website, the visitor is stating that the above disclaimer has been read and that he/she has full understanding and is in agreement with the contents.
Social Media Disclaimer
The Town of Colonie utilizes social media to engage with residents, visitors and businesses, learn about needs and concerns in the community, contribute to relevant conversations and to promote programs and services. Communication through social media shall not be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. The Town of Colonie assumes no responsibility or liability for content not posted by the Town and disclaims any responsibility or liability for any misstatement, misunderstanding, and losses, directly or indirectly, attributed to the users. Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the Town of Colonie.
The Town does not endorse fan posts, links, or photos. Any comments submitted to the Town’s social media pages are considered public records subject to disclosure pursuant to Freedom of Information Law.
Our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds. This disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages, courteous and respectful of others, and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, and/or operations relevant to the Town.
The Town of Colonie reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to delete postings that it deems inappropriate or that it believes contain any of the following:
- Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- Attempts to defraud any individual(s) or organizations.
- Posts or comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content.
- Proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner, copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics and imagery not owned by the user.
- Comments on matters unrelated to the subject matter of the social media page, which include but are not limited to the Town of Colonie and any of its departments, Town boards, Town committees or programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility and representation.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or public systems.
- Information that violates a local, state or federal law or suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- Users participate at their own risk, and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided.
Third Party Links
Town of Colonie website may contain links to local, state and federal government agencies and to other external websites. The inclusion of such links does not constitute an endorsement of the destination website nor the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, or site accessibility. In addition, any linkage between the Town of Colonie website and any third party website does not imply any sponsorship of that website.