A peddler's permit issued by the Town of Colonie is not valid on Town-owned property (parks, etc.) or within the Village of Colonie, or on any property displaying a “No Solicitation” sign. A permit may be revoked if the rules are not followed, or if the Town receives complaints from residents.
Before you get started
Anyone wishing to sell a product or service via door-to-door sales or from a vehicle in the Town of Colonie must have a valid permit issued by the Town Clerk.
Complete the application
Applications are available in our office or online and must be completed and accompanied by:
- a copy of a current driver's license,
- four passport-sized photos,
- the applicant's signature must be notarized and
- appropriate fee:
- $250.00 for the first person applying from a company or organization.
- $100.00 per person for each additional person from the same company or organization. Each person from a company or organization must apply for his/her own permit.
- Those renewing a permit from the immediate previous year will pay $150 for the first applicant and $100.00 for each additional applicant.
Pass a background check
Once the completed application and the appropriate fees have been submitted, the application will be forwarded to the Colonie Police department for purposes of a background check. Once approved from the Police department, the permit will be immediately issued and remain valid through the end of the calendar year.
All forms MUST be legible.
534 New Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12110