Linda J. Murphy
Linda Murphy (D-I-WFP) and her husband moved to the Town of Colonie in 1967. It has been a great place to live, work and raise our family. Linda has been a small business owner in Colonie for many years, and still continues that on a part time basis.
Linda and her husband Jack have raised two sons, Sean and Ryan, and are now delighted to have three wonderful grandchildren, Erin, Shane and Emma. Linda has been extremely active in various community groups, and has enjoyed meeting and working with many residents. These involvements have created long-term friendships. She is always willing to offer her help, and hopes the Town residents will feel free to ask.
As councilwoman in the Town of Colonie, Linda is a member of the legislative, governing and policy determining body of the Town. She will be acting on the budget recommended by our Town Supervisor, as well as approving budget modifications and transfers. She will cooperatively be appointing all non-elected officials and employees of the Town and also creating non-compensatory advisory boards. Linda is looking forward to a bright future for our Town.
It was with great pride that I took my oath of office on New Year's Day. Proud to have been chosen by the Town of Colonie residents to represent them. I loved meeting and talking to so many people over the past few months, and I now pledge to do my best to represent them. Together, with the Town Supervisor and the Board, I will work hard to continue the Town's forward progress. I want our community to take great pride in their Town. I thank you for this opportunity.
- EMS - Emergency Management Services
- Senior Resources
- DPW - Engineering, LWD, Pure Waters, Highway and Environmental Services
- Supervisor Paula Mahan
- Police - Assisted by Brian Austin
- Parks - Assisted by Linda Murphy
- Guilderland High School Colonna School of Cosmotology
- Past President Colonie Little League, Colonie Babe Ruth
- Member and contributing Founder Colonie Village Youth Council
- Chairperson Colonie Village 75th Anniversary Year Diamond Jubilee Celebration
- Member Village of Colonie Ampitheater Committee
- Served as Trustee and President of the William K. Sanford Library