COVID-19 Updates and Resources
The State of New York has developed a plan to distribute safe COVID-19 vaccinations to all New York residents who want one. The plan establishes that all New Yorkers age 16 and older are eligible for vaccine beginning April 6th. Anybody who needs help registering for vaccine availability should reach out the New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
Common signs of infection include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
In some cases, infection can cause more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
We urge residents to take the following steps to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others:
- Stay home.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others when in public.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings as required by Governor Cuomo's executive order. Read more about this recommendation here.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.