COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Common signs of infection include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
In some cases, infection can cause more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Because there is currently no vaccine for the disease, the use of preventative measures is recommended. We urge residents to take the following steps to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others:
- Stay home.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others when in public.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings as required by Governor Cuomo's executive order. Read more about this recommendation here.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.