The Town Seal, officially adopted by the Town of Colonie on May 8, 1941, symbolizes the background and origin of the Town.
The upper left-hand corner of the seal is the Native American Head which represents the first inhabitants of the Town.
To the right of the Native American Head is the Sheaf of Wheat indicating the predominant occupation of the townspeople when it was founded in 1895.
In the lower left-hand corner is the fort, which relates to the name of the Town, Colonie, meaning "the Settlement outside the city."
In the lower right corner is the windmill, which displays the Dutch heritage of the Town's first permanent settlers.
Surrounding these areas is the Wampum circle, which represents the trade routes that pass through the Town
The spray of laurel and leaf represent
a future of success and plenty.